Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Mountain

Thursday I visited Little Rock to move a carload of my belongings into my summer home. As a result, I spent the night and familiarized myself with a few local streets. On Friday I woke up late and decided to do the single most exhilarating activity on my summer to-do list. Pinnacle mountain, the mountain I'd neither heard of nor had any desire to climb until my friend Carlos told me about it. I'm an outdoors-man at heart, I went backpacking twice a month every month in Jr. High until I was strong enough to lead an 8 man crew at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. In comparison Pinnacle is just an ant hill, however it was still the best thing I could have found time to do that day. My set goal for the next 2 months is to ascend Pinnacle 10 times, on and off the beaten trail. You can expect many nature pictures on my blog from my time off.









No comments:

Post a Comment